Wednesday 21 October 2009

15mm Early Imperial Romans (2): Auxillia and Foot General

All good legions have heroic foot Generals, the bring and buy purchase gave me the option of several command stands complete with Legion Banners, trumpets and "significantly" pointing generals:



However for those times when a DBA battle calls for a more earthy, grim Centurion as General (or rather commander):



Following in the footsteps of the Legions of Rome we have those of the conquered who aspire one day to be called as Roman through their faithful (unflinching and unquestioning) service. These come as two types the 4Aux:



The there are the 3Aux, as I have an eye to be versatile to cover the Middle Imperial Rome period too, and a partial eye for a DBA campaign where (as a special) I was going to allow cavalry to dismount and fight as foot (in the badlands of Thrace).



Next come the mounted elements :)

2 comments:

tim said...

Great Stuff!

I'm not a huge fan of painting the 15mm stuff myself, but you've done a splendid job on these!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks

I should really pose the end result (DBA Army) with a more scenic than my painting table.

To my shame they have not been blooded in battle yet ;)