Monday 18 July 2011

Close up of British 7th Armoured Cromwell [Updated Photograph]

Here's one for Al a close up of a British Cromwell (remember this is 1/300 scale). It's trying to suppress German infantry in a built up area with its main armament. It may as well be playing Vera Lynn records. Still a nice little model with very effective subtle white highlighting (Yogi's collection). The owner of the model was so unimpressed with my original feeble attempt (see bottom) that he kindly provided me with a 7th Armoured publicity shot:


I am sure you will agree much better than my original effort (below).


Note: It took me a surprisingly look time for this computer bod to work how to do this! Not the best as I can see a much clearer image zoomed in on my BlackBerry. I will have to do some more experimentation or go back to school :)

5 comments:

Whisperin Al said...

I keep wondering about getting into 1/300 to do larger "scale" games. But with most of my interest in early war it means a lot of infantry - of course it does avoid too much camouflage (except for the French of course)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hi Al,

Early WWII I've gone for 1/200 or 10mm rather than 1/300 or GHQ 1/285 as the blooming mechanical things are so, so, small (viz a Bren carrier). alternatively its many vehicles to a base.

From 1943 onwards I happily go down to 1/300

Infantry abounds though, you start to appreciate the OoB and infantry presence even in a Mech formation.

Painting is a factory mass production affair :)

Paul said...

Much clearer shot Geordie. I do have more luck with my cell camera than my actual camera.

Nice road as well.

Regards Paul

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Paul I still like my hazy action shot ;)

The artillery barrage has just lifted :)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

PS Whisperin' Al

The price per unit also allows you to dabble a bit before you dive :)

The 1/200 Skytrex kit and 10mm boys are still on the pricey side when you want bid OoB's