Friday 25 November 2011

Naval Dreams: IJNS Shinano in 1/1200

Well I never thought I would never bag this chap. Sometime in the late nineties I physically picked this kit up and put it back down in a model shop in London (Hannants to be exact). It goes without saying I ahave always regretted that moment and yes since that time I never, never saw it again, but by the wonder that is eBay it is now mine :) 


If you are interested I got it from the eBay store listed below, at time of writing there were still four left:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180755561995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also I found an interesting link to the origins of this 1/1200 figure range with some elusive "collector items" which were planned but never made (see link below)

http://www.shipmodels.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/casadio.htm

I am saving this one for a long winter night ;)

2 comments:

Tim Gow said...

Tempting - but I've bought so much stuff recently I must resist!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I wish I was as strong willed as yourself, especially when the wife has to go and pick the parcel up expecting it to be for her!

Talk about being a little disappointed finding a 1/1200 IJN aircraft carrier instead of her expected eBay "x"!

To my shame I have the Yamato on order too!