Saturday 21 January 2012

Painting Tray: A Distraction

Confessions of a wargaming butterfly continued ... I lasted twenty days into 2012 until I was distracted by of all things whilst wandering round Hobbycraft ... I saw it, I succumbed to it and then I bought it ... can you spot my wargaming 'January folly' below?


Now I have got to figure out what to do with it (or rather them). Of all things a small (4 figures) pack of Games Workshop Eldar Guardians. I just thought for 'general' Science Fiction they may come in useful, somehow. I tried to justify them on the basis of a painting exercise and a 'wash' technique experiment. My eldest son (nearly seven) thought they were 'cool' which is worrying for the future.

Painting Guide pulled from the Net:
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2010/04/eldar-tutorial.html

Meanwhile the KM Prinz Eugen slowly acquires more Atlantic Grey paint (the Airfix painting guide was not that convincing so I decided two shades of get would suffice). A more pressing need is the four Renaissance Light Horse from Redoubt Enterprises that are needing painting in the next eight days for my next Impetus game.

3 comments:

Monty said...

Very good Geordie, hey, don't worry about the GW stuff; I inherited a big bag of Orks some time ago and have been agonising over getting some Cadians to skirmish with them. No movement yet though... ;)

Peter Douglas said...

Geordie

There are no wargames distractions only learning opportunities ...these could be "hey cool let's earn some history", "hey who do I paint these", or "Why the #^%$ did I buy these things anyway"

Enjoy

PD

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers I'll take comfort in your comments ;)