Friday 29 November 2013

Thirty Day Challenge No.III (The Big "T") Thucydides

Following on from the read of the Big H (Herodotus) earlier in the year chronologically next comes the big T (Thucydides), when the Greek world was brought to its knees in civil war, 'modern' in its brutality

Target at least "16 pages" a day (on average) so that the big T (Thucydides) "History of the Peloponnesian War" is read before Xmas Day 2013 (see below):


Three reading sources:
  • Penguin Classic Big T (a nice handy pick and read size of book)
  • Electronic (Free) Book iPhone Bookshelf (incredibly handy anywhere you need it volume)
  • Landmark Big T (useful when the place names are confusing or previously unknown)

So far so good, and it is almost as exciting as eating the Xmas Calendar chocolates ;) 

2 comments:

David said...

I found Donald Kagan's books more digestible - I must admit that I gave up on the Big T. Just shows what a lightweight I am I suppose

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks David

Yes Kagan and Hanson's plus some Osprey's have been consumed already but it's something I feel I have to do

Go back to the original source material

If I don't do it now I know I never will