Friday 20 November 2015

1/72 PSC Panzer IVH (Part 1) The Basic Yellow

Working up from the Airfix Grey undercoat the MkIV H is washed with Vallejo Dark Shade Wash to get that harder shadow edge feel (see below):



Tamiya Yellow Sand XF-60 is then used as a base layer, leaving the Dark Wash to pick out the recesses (see below):


There are times when the Internet comes to your rescue. With the best of intentions I had put together the six PSC Pz IV H's well over a year ago. In my haste I had made a dubious choose of "rear engine" arrangement. The more I looked at other people's versions of MkIVs the less and less I became confident that I had done it correctly (see below):


Thanks to the blogosphere there were answers aplenty. My rear engine housing was really an 'air filter' that should really go on the side (see below):


From the other side (see below, with the classic spare rollers on the side):


Once fixed we can put the skirts on (see below):


Many thanks to the following blogs for their help and inspiration (see below):
Next: Three tone camo (again)


4 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Looking good, looking very good.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers SRB :)

It is a very nice kit to make and paint
It's a sturdy little beast too

My ESCI model had bespoke plasti-card additions to keep the side skirts in position, as the delicate "spars" frequently broke. No such problems with the PSC kits

:)

Paul Foster said...

Excellent. I am really enjoying this WW2 run. Well done.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

No worries Paul
In fact some would say long overdue
After the Panzer IV I have a couple of Big Cat Panthers that came out of cold storage in the loft

Watch this space ;)