Monday 10 April 2017

Airfix Fw 190A-8

As a kid I had made the obligatory "rite of passage" construction of RAF (several different types [II, Vb and XIc]), the Hurricane and the infamous Mosquito Fighter Bomber (of 633 Squadron fame). On the baddies (sorry I am falling back to "war comic" stereotypes here) I had the Ju87 Stuka, Heinkel He111 and Dornier Do17z Luftwaffe bombers. Later in life I caught up with the Me109. However the Fw 190 was "the one that got away". So riffling through my "magic box of unmade boxes" I came across this little gem, the re-tooled Folk Wulf Fw190A-8 (see below):


Early days but has been a dream to put together. The glue goes a long, long way as I have used it for a box of 28mm Norman Foot Knights as well.

WIP, looking forward to painting it ;)

2 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Spooky. It was exactly the same with me. First the Spitfire MkIX, the only Spitfire you could get. Then the rest, Hurricanes, Me 109's, but I too missed out on doing the 'Butcher Bird' FW 190 for some reason. I will correct my error...as you are so excitingly doing. Best of luck

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

My only comment is that I am not sure Airfix have the paints right
There is a light grey (27) and dark grey (145) camo but the light IMHO seems too light and should be more medium
Then there is a light blue grey for the undersides (64)
But the numbers on the pots were all wrong as I got the "wrong result" when I followed them